ads

Tuesday 3 February 2015

The cakes and the nanny.


I was walking down the road on my way home from Awwal Bahr the other day. I was walking alone. Saja nak ambik angin petang-petang, sorang-sorang. Main perasaan, gituh. Haha. 


Okay then when suddenly i spotted a small cake house, about 10 meters ahead. Nice! Cherry. Nama kedai tu Cherry. I always bought an ice cream from this cake house eventho they are famous for their mouth-watering cakes. The ice cream here ughhghh i donno how to describe it. So sedappp. But on that day they didnt sell ice cream maybe because of the weather was so cold. Well, sapa nak makan ice cream winter gini ye dak. 

Kecewa sikit sebab ingat nak makan ice cream sambil jalan balik. But tiba-tiba came an idea, haaa how bout we eat the cakes with nenek yang jual sayur depan metro? Share sesama? Sounds good. 

Uuuu. So i bought two pieces of good looking so handsome cakes. I chose a very nice one and nampak-sedap aaaaa gitu. Got a bottle of mineral water and a box of cakes. But they (orang kedai) gave me only one set of fork that came with a small knife and a tissue. How im gonna eat the cakes with the nanny if i got only one forkkk. Ishhh Ammu niii. Next time awak cakap la nak berapaaa kan senang. *ketuk kepala sendiri*

Along the way tu duk salahkan diri kenapa tak mintak duaaa. Takkan nak sodok kek dengan pisau. No no cannot. And also takkan nak kongsi garpu? Mana boleh kongsi garpu dengan stranger. Mana tahu dia ada penyakit apa2 ke. Egypt. Everything is possible. Erk. Paranoid nyaaaa aku ni. *ketuk kepala lagi*

The nanny who i knew couple of months before is very poor, hardly selling some vegetables to make her living. She is very old as i can notice her back is already hunched, and she walks with a cane, tremors all over her hand. But what makes me so proud of her is she never begged for money. Eventho she is very old and poor, she is still working and struggling for her living. :'( 
Always tearing me down whenever i saw her working under the heating sun. :'((

Haa okay back to our story. Hihi. 
I was sooo relieved when i saw her hut was opened because it was friday, a public holiday for Egyptians. From afar i could see her small hut, with some kind of veges displayed in front of it. Got some peppers, zuchinis, potatoes, carrots and others but they were all in small amount only. She sat silently behind the hut, tying some gargil, knotting them together to be more easier to sell. 
The moment she saw me, she was surprised. We shook hands and talked. But i didnt talk much because i dont realllly know Arabic. Just a simple chats hahah. She asked if i want to buy some veges and she will give me discount. So i told her that i brought some cakes for her. But i couldnt find an understandable words to tell her that i want to eat the cakes together wih her. Hahaha pity me. 

She smiled and took the cakes. She kissed me and said that she was very thankful for the cake. I was "err er its okay. No prob at all." But dalam hati, "nenek, saya nak makan kek tu sama-samaaa dengan nenek sebab tu saya beli dua. Alaaa. Jom la makan sesama jom la." Tapi dalam hati je laaah. Hahaha sedih betul. Tak sampai hajat nak makan kek sama-sama. And then she took a plastic bag to pack some zuchinis and carrots for me, but i smiled and resisted because i really dont need them. "I dont want vege, I just want to eat the cakes with youu." Jerit dalam hati. Ouhh lupa! Air! I opened my backpack and handed a mineral water to her. 


her name is Naimah.
i love her. hihi
                

till we meet again!



1 comments:

AR said...

Yeay...good job doc!!
Sharing is caring
We share everything coz we love ☺